KStars v3.5.0 Release Date?

Eric Dejouhanet eric.dejouhanet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 01:44:34 BST 2020

Hello Hy, Jasem,

I'm not sure what I see is related. I get sigsegvs when Capture prepares
a new Job, and they seem related to the camera properties.

There seems to be object references being passed around in the code and
kept, and sometimes the referred object disappears. This happens often
with the camera for me, e.g. in that stack:

operator==(QString const&, QString const&) at
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/sse2/libQt5Core.so.5
Ekos::Capture::setCamera(QString const&) (...) at
/var/jenkins_home/workspace/kstars-ci_i386/kstars/ekos/capture.cpp:810
Ekos::Capture::prepareJob(Ekos::SequenceJob*) at
/var/jenkins_home/workspace/kstars-ci_i386/kstars/ekos/capture.cpp:652

I got a crash too similar to the stack processJobInfo() calling addJob()
calling getGain() and sigsegv'ing. However, I could relate that to the
XML typo.

(Code tree is not at tip, I am investigating.)

I also see that very often, which is probably due to a race condition:

FITSIO status = 108: error reading from FITS file
Error reading data buffer from file (...)
Error: trying to write to READONLY file.
ffflus could not reopen the current HDU.
Error reading elements 1 thru 16281864 from image (ffgclui)

I was not able to find the time to feed Coverity with a kstars or
stellarsolver build, sorry.

--
-Eric

mailto:eric.dejouhanet at gmail.com -- https://astronomy.dejouha.net