Broken Kstars v3.5.0-beta "empty sky"

Raymond Lillard rlillard at sonic.net
Thu Oct 1 02:05:19 BST 2020

I am running Xubuntu 20.04 fuly updated.

Previously I had installed Kstars from the snap store and have used it
successfully to drive my mount.  Finding no updated version there, I
installed v3.5 from the  ppa using the instructions on the web site.  I
installed indi-full, kstars-full and kstars-data.

The installation ran error free and the new Kstars looks good except
that I get the "empty sky" message and of course no stars.

I guess I need to tell the new Kstars where the sky data is.  I don't
know how to do that.

Thanks

Raymond