Make dependencies in KStars

Hy Murveit murveit at gmail.com
Thu May 14 04:03:21 BST 2020

Thanks. Trying ccache. (May also try the cross-compile...).

This is how I tried to set it up:

sudo apt-get install ccache

and put this at the end of my ~/.bashrc (perhaps not necessary for kstars?)

export PATH=/usr/lib/ccache:$PATH

Then ran cmake on kstars with the following command:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
-DCCACHE_SUPPORT=ON ~/AstroRoot/kstars

and finally

make -j6 kstars

I let it run for a while and got:

> ccache -s
cache directory                     /home/pi/.ccache
primary config                      /home/pi/.ccache/ccache.conf
secondary config      (readonly)    /etc/ccache.conf
stats updated                       Wed May 13 19:54:18 2020
cache hit (direct)                     1
cache hit (preprocessed)               0
cache miss                            62
cache hit rate                      1.59 %
called for link                        8
cleanups performed                     0
files in cache                       131
cache size                          65.4 MB
max cache size                       5.0 GB

then I ran 'make clean' and restarted 'make -j6 kstars' waited a little bit
and got:

> ccache -s
cache directory                     /home/pi/.ccache
primary config                      /home/pi/.ccache/ccache.conf
secondary config      (readonly)    /etc/ccache.conf
stats updated                       Wed May 13 19:57:17 2020
cache hit (direct)                    58
cache hit (preprocessed)               0
cache miss                            62
cache hit rate                     48.33 %
called for link                       12
cleanups performed                     0
files in cache                       131
cache size                          65.4 MB
max cache size                       5.0 GB

so seems to be working.

Hy