Guider binning

Eric Dejouhanet eric.dejouhanet at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 17:14:03 BST 2020

We must indeed retain the Options mechanism, as this is core to Ekos and
that database has all "live" settings, but I don't think it will be
easily extendable to fork for all different devices.

The serialized Settings mechanism, on the other hand, is already a
proven method with INDI drivers (although it is weakened there by the
property define/undefine mechanism). I think it would be relatively
clear for end-users to be able to associate a list of setting files with
an Ekos profile. The Profile Editor UI would not suffer much from this I
think.

There may be settings that pertain to targets too. For instance,
full-frame focus should restrict to a circular border for FSQ scopes,
but could also disregard the sensor central area because of a galaxy
core. Alignment could require a different exposure based on the sky
patch target. However, use cases are probably less numerous, and it
would easily be possible for the end-user to create an Ekos profile for
each target type by copying settings around anyway.

--
-Eric

mailto:eric.dejouhanet at gmail.com -- https://astronomy.dejouha.net