KStars keep crasing on Samsung Galaxy S9+ running Android 9?

Hy Murveit murveit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 20:25:40 GMT 2020

Yup. Makes sense. I had this happen to me in a different app I've written
(not related to KStars).

What changed was Android now requires the end user to explicitly approve
most permissions the app requests.
Previously, the app requested permissions, it was stated in installation of
the app, but the user never had to say "yes, I grant you permission X". Now
the app needs to pop-up a menu for these. If the app doesn't do that, the
permissions aren't applied. Since popping things up requires code changes,
apps written before these changes won't get the permissions. However, as
shown above, you can work around that by going to the app in settings and
granting the permissions.

Hy