[kplato] Some missing features/comments from another project app

Richard Bos kplato@kde.org
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 22:16:14 +0200

Perhaps that the underneath mentioned comments can be put into the
design document of kplato.  So kplato does not have these "errors" when that
particular code/functionality will be released.

(http://lists.codefactory.se/pipermail/mrproject/2001-July/000248.html)
* Have task duration be measured in hours, not days.

* Dependencies... The "link" button isn't very user
friendly. As I'm building a project, the tasks aren't
necessarily listed in any meaningful order. Setting
dependencies helps me determine what order they should
be in. When I set dependencies through the interface,
the direction of the dependence is determined by the
order on the task list. I'd prefer to to have another
tab on the "Task Properties" dialog call
"dependencies" where I could manually enter the ids of
other dependent task" (This links would have to be
preserved when I reorder also).

* Get that % complete feature working!

* Identify resource conflicts. Let me know if I've
assigned "Bob" to two tasks at the same time.

* Let us be able to manually enter the duration right
on the gantt chart screen. We can grab the bar in the
can drag it, but we can't type in "20 hrs".

(http://lists.codefactory.se/pipermail/mrproject/2001-July/000249.html)
> Make that selectable granularity then.  We prefer days.  So 24hrs == 3 days
> assuming an 8hr working day, a 4 hr task is 0.5 days etc.

> IMHO an hour granularity is overkill, especially on large projects of long
> duration.

* Let us drag-n-drop to reorder items in the task list.

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no home the journey is endless