Problem when deleting an image while annotating in KPA 5.12

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Fri Jan 5 20:51:52 GMT 2024

Hi Constantin,

Am Donnerstag, 4. Jänner 2024, 17:34:35 CET schrieb Constantin Orăsan:
> Hello and Happy New Year!
>
> I have just upgraded KPA to the latest version. Unfortunately, the
> behaviour of the annotation window changed when I delete an image (I
> suppose it is a bug not a feature). Whenever I delete an image, the
> annotation dialog jumps back to the first image from the selection.
>
> The steps to replicate this:
> 1. select a bunch of images
> 2. select "annotate individual images"
> 3. annotate images or just navigate through images
> 4. delete an image from the dialog
> At this stage I would expect that the dialog moves to the next image (as it
> used to do in the past). Instead it jumps back to the first image in the
> selection.
>
> I compiled KPA from the source on Ubuntu 23.10.
>
> My C skills are very very rusty, but if someone can point me to the right
> file(s) to look at, I can try to see if I can figure out what's going on.

The code you're looking for is probably in the method
AnnotationDialog::Dialog::slotDiscardFiles() in AnnotationDialog/Dialog.cpp.

We're open for merge requests via invent.kde.org, and bug discussion on
bugs.kde.org has also room for patches (plus: if you decide to not submit a
patch work can continue there if you have already submitted a bug report).

Cheers,
  Johannes