Setting the untagged keyword

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Tue Sep 5 22:27:28 BST 2023

Hi Joseph,

Am Dienstag, 5. September 2023, 22:02:04 CEST schrieb josephj at main.nc.us:
> I was not able to set my untagged keyword setting for some years on
> Kubuntu 18.04.
>
> I finally found a workaround. I now have a second display and I configured
> it to be below my notebook screen. This made the bottom of the dialog
> accessible (on the second display) so I could reach that setting.
>
> I'm still having problems with the display width as well. I have to move
> the dialog window to the left to be able to get to the Continue Later and
> Done buttons on the annotation dialog.
>
> Joe
>
> My notebook display is set to 1360x768.

I just tested this using Xephyr set to your display resolution running
kphotoalbum, using xfwm4 as window manager.

I did experience some windows being bigger than the screen, initially.
However, after I maximized those windows, they did adapt to the screen size
without problem, and all buttons were visible.

Further reducing the resolution to 1024x768 did give me some annoyance with
the settings dialog: its minimum width is wider than 1024 pixels, which means
that one has to move it left or right to access all elements of it. The
annotation dialog fit the screen in this experiment as before.

Do you use some scale factor or anything else that might increase the size of
your buttons so that the kphotoalbum window no longer fits the screen?

Cheers,
  Johannes