sorting images to avoid suboptimal searching?

Per Funke per.funke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 15:56:58 GMT 2023

Hi guys!!

KPhotoAlbum
Version 5.8.1

Xubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

I imported 50000 images and I can truly say, I will be dead before all
these images
will get a date (I'm 73yrs now), stopping the complaint window from
appearing (it never appeared before!?)
That makes me curious: How "suboptimal" is my search? Just speed? Or, is
function affected also?
*The above is my REAL question, the rest is just whining.*

If the whining is interesting, eventual comments are greedily devoured at
my end.
Otherwise, whining is just whining.

*Whining*
I have some suboptimal system functioning here too, that creates hangs. Not
your fault, I'm sure, but it has some relevance on the complaint window
(seemingly) suddenly appearing..
As soon as I leave the computer running with Brave or Chrome running and
have a coffee, the system hangs. Totally. Reset button is the only way out.
Or, I could close these browsers (continually forgetting to).

KPhotoshop has now (seems to have) decided I'm a new user. The
appearance of the "complaining about sorting" window has something to do
with this.. What's the plus here is your failsafe, the saved session
management asking me if I'd like to use the most recent DB.
*Kudos here, might be interesting:*
I sincerely thank you for that! Love it!!!

*...and more whining.*
Still, the buttons for "annotate next" and "annotate previous" do not work.
Marginally worse, the button "Copy the tags from the image before" doesn't
either. (not even Ctrl-Alt-Insert does). Yes, I do have the breeze icons
installed. But I'm the victim of Ubuntu  and I suspect I can't install the
latest KPhotoAlbum with apt.

Since I'm not dead yet and KPHotoAlbum works (mostly)
I hope your evening will be a nice one, free from work considerations.
I've stopped considering my work since 2015 when I happily left it.
Best, Per Funke