Plans for Qt 6

Tobias Leupold tl at stonemx.de
Thu Jan 19 23:34:31 GMT 2023

Hi all,

as of yesterday, the KDE frameworks depend on Qt 6, cf.
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-devel/2023-January/001586.html

I suppose we do want to port KPA to Qt 6. But, speaking of Gentoo (where I'm
still hanging around, even after all these years of compiling pain ;-), this
seems to be a bit hard at the moment. Qt 6 itself is still hard-masked, and
there are no Qt 6 KF packages to install, at least without manual changes,
overlays, handwork and whatnot.

So, at the moment, it would be still a bit hard to mess with Qt 6 KDE
Frameworks on Gentoo.

So, just asking ... what's our Qt 6 plan? :-)

Cheers, Tobias