raw+jpg workflow question

g gsv000 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 8 02:06:49 BST 2023

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding raw+jpeg files in kphotoalbum.

1. One of my cameras produces .ARW and .JPG files.
I want to have these automatically stacked for ease of management and
reviewing etc.

For some reason, the file version detection settings do not seem to have
an effect.

Under "File versions search regexp" I have:

\1.(jpg|JPG|tif|TIFF|png)

and under "Original file replacement text"

I have

.ARW;.ORF

(My other camera produces .ORF and .JPG pairs, and I would like these to
also be stacked).

Am I missing something with the settings?

2. The second question is about workflow.
Suppose I managed to get this automatic raw+jpg stacking working.
If while reviewing I select a number of those stacks for export, is
there a way to only export the ARW/ORF (for developing etc) or only the
jpg , or I would have to export all the members of all the stacks?
I realize that stacking is not specific to raw/jpeg pairing, so I guess
the question is more about whether I would be able to further refine a
selection of stacks by filename extension etc.

Thank you for kphotoalbum..

Georgios