The viewer's "x years ago" info sucks ;-)

josephj at main.nc.us josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Apr 15 13:52:37 BST 2023

> Am Freitag, 14. April 2023, 08:27:20 CEST schrieb josephj at main.nc.us:
>> Nerd answer: Just provide a place to add a strftime format string and
>> make
>> everybody happy (at least those who know what strftime is). :)
>>
>> Joe
>
> But that would not allow heuristics to distinguish short periods of time
> from
> longer ones. And this is IMHO something that should not be configurable.
> Or at
> least, adding such decision rules in a configurable way would require a
> quite
> big and complex configuration dialog. I'm not sure if this would be "too
> much"
> for the aber KPA "User" (no developer, no coder, not even an enthusiast)

No, it's not as nice as what you are proposing.

I was thinking more along the lines of a config setting in a JSON file or
wherever KPA keeps such things and treating it as an unedited string
field. If the user gets it wrong, it's their problem. If that
field/setting was empty/not defined, KPA would do it its own way such as
what you're proposing.

It certainly wouldn't be the default way of doing things. Trying to parse
and verify the format or build it in steps in a GUI would be a lot of work
unless someone has already done that and you can just call it.

Joe