[KPhotoAlbum] Assigning tags to groups

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Mon Dec 16 13:18:59 GMT 2019

(Assuming this was intended to cc to the list)

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 14:08:24 +0100, Tobias Leupold wrote:
>> The annotation dialog shows it as a tree.  One can drag and drop tags
>> around in that tree, but that's a move, not a copy.  So either way, it
>> needs to be consistent.
>
> Well, you don't have to use the tree view, you can as well choose the flat
> view, ordered by alphabet or by last usage ... just click on one of the other
> three button on the lower right side!

The other (flat) views don't show the relationships between tags,
which is important (to me, at any rate).  And the settings dialog only
shows tags that already have members under them in the groups pain,
making it difficult to assign members to items that don't already have
children.

> Apart from that I think that dragging and dropping a tag around actually
> _should_ be a move, not a copy! At least, I would expect a tag to be moved
> where I drag it and not be copied there, unless I hold CTRL or such.

In Dolphin if I drag and drop without a modifier, I get a pop menu
asking me what I want to do.  There at least needs to be
discoverability.

--Eric Crampton