[KPhotoAlbum] Searching

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Thu Oct 18 20:43:56 BST 2018

Hi Robert,

Am Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2018, 14:18:25 CEST schrieb Robert Krawitz:
> One way you can do this more quickly is to use quick tags (typing a
> single letter while in the viewer adds a tag to the image; you can
> later go back and add the real information).  I usually shoot in
> bursts, rather than frequent small numbers; one football game, for
> example, can result in 2500-3000 frames.

That actually touches an important problem with our UI: I doubt that anyone
actually knows every smart thing that you can do to improve your workflow.

Just to take myself as an example:
- I learnt about "Ctrl+Space" in the annotation window from reading the source
code.
- I know that quick tagging exists, but I never took the time to understand
it.
- I often use "copy from previous image", but I needed to set a shortcut to
make it usable for me (which reminds me that I should set this to "Alt+^" by
default).
- It feels like there are dozens of places where you just need to know the
right keyboard-combo to do something cool.

I should add: if anyone wants to rework the handbook or post some short
tutorials on Youtube/Vimeo/Gnumediagoblin/etc., please do!

Cheers,
  Johannes