[KPhotoAlbum] Another performance patch

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Fri May 4 23:48:50 BST 2018

On Sat, 05 May 2018 00:24:21 +0200, Johannes Zarl-Zierl wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Thanks for the patch!
> I've applied it to git master...

Do you stil have my other two performance patches related to loading
new images or do you need them again?  One is generic and one is
specific to loading new images that need to be added to existing
stacks.  They touch much the same code, so it might be worth my while
merging them into one.

> Am Samstag, 5. Mai 2018, 00:01:53 CEST schrieb Robert Krawitz:
>> This adds some common sidecar file types (.xmp, .pp3, and .pto) to the
>> exclusion list for file searching.
>>
>> I had been wondering why file searching had slowed down a lot for me
>> lately, with a lot of disk activity.  strace made it clear.  I store
>> sidecar files alongside the original image files, and over time,
>> something over 20,000 sidecar files had accumulated.

--Eric Crampton