[KPhotoAlbum] Tagging from the viewer

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 04:00:19 GMT 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:25 AM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I tried to start using the 'tagging from the viewer' feature as described
> here:
> http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/kphotoalbum/category-selectors-in-viewer.html
>
> I faced a problem: taggin people names that have space in them (in format
> Lastname Firstname)
>
> Basically the problem is that pressing space jumps to the next image.
>
> So I disabled that from the settings and it works.

I believe that you have *space* as hot key to move to next image. If
so, that takes precedence over the speed tagging. So you would have to
remove the hotkey and then spaces should work fine. As it seems you
already figured out.

> Is there something that could be done to prevent this. Maybe ignore the
> space-as-key-to-jump-to-next-image when a tag is being written?
>
> Or is this a user error?

I agree with Johannes that in this context it might make sense to
disable the hot keys without modifiers. This would probably also
disable the rating keys (numbers from 0-5), but that is probably
expected behavour.

As far as I know there is currently no way to exit from the speed
tagging mode, but this should be implemented as well.

miika