[KPhotoAlbum] kphotoalbum not indexing .jpg files

theBro thebro at luukku.com
Wed Aug 19 06:27:03 BST 2009

Jep, I had the same symptoms (didn't try with raws at that time). The problem for me was that file association for jpegs was broken somehow (I suspect that Ubuntu messed it up somehow). Fix was to re-create that file association.

$ kcmshell4 filetypes

This should open a gui for creating the association (I run gnome so I do not have that on menu but should be probably called default apps or file associations)

Then select: image-jpeg
Check that *.jpeg and *.jpg are included in file name patterns.

HTH
theBro