[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum 4 released

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Tue Aug 18 08:34:49 BST 2009

Thanks for your nice words, sharing this with the rest of the list.
I forwarded your question to the list, so hopefully someone there can help
you. Personally, that would be exactly how I would do it. There is a bug in
bugzilla on adding an option to load from a different place (btw, you do know
that you can run KPA using -c /path/to/some/other/index.xml right?)

On Tuesday 18 August 2009 09:24:47 Oleg Fiksel wrote:
| Hi Jesper,
|
| I'm upgraded to KDE4.3 and using KPA4.0.2 now. It's so much better! Thank
| you and all your team for this app. Maybe what's could be put on the to-do
| list is reading the database from different sources (for example DVD) and
| Face- Recognition Feature (I know it's a lot of work).
| How would you suggest to archive the photos to DVD to be able to browse
| them in KPA? Now I'm writing the whole directory to DVD and then replace
| the original one using symlink.
|
| Kind Regards,
|
| Oleg
|
| > Its is not a requirement that you use KDE4 as your desktop to use KPA4
| > (though it is slightly more difficult to set up - but doable).
| >
| > Cheers
| > Jesper.
| >
| > On Friday 22 May 2009 09:57:58 Oleg Fiksel wrote:
| > | Hi Jesper,
| > |
| > | Thank your for this information. I'm using Kphotoalbum for 2 years and
| > | have wonderful experience with it. I'm looking forward to try the new
| > | version. The problem is that I'm still using KDE-3.
| > |
| > | Kind Regards
| > |
| > | Oleg.