[KPhotoAlbum] adding tags to already tagged images.

kjr99044_kpalist_tmp_email at trashmail.net kjr99044_kpalist_tmp_email at trashmail.net
Sun Oct 29 01:34:41 BST 2006

On Saturday 28 October 2006  "g b" <gev000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It does not seem to work like this though. After tagging  with "A",
> when I select 1,3,
> 4 in order to apply "B", image 4 also  gets person "A" along with "B".
>
>  I end up having to do as many image selections as there are  combinations
> of people.
> On a large number of pictures with several combinations of persons,  that
> is very time-consuming.
>
> Is there a way to add the person tags (or other keywords for that matter),
> using as many selections as the persons in question?

This does not seem to be a problem for my version of KPA.  What version are
you using?  The latest development versions may have solved this problem.

What I did: selected 2 images, hit Ctrl-2, checked the (new, development)
tristate checkboxes I wanted, closed the window, and selected one of the
first images along with a new image.  Ctrl-2, then check a new category...
It seems to work fine -- all the images are categorized correctly.

However, that does bring me to wonder if it would be possible to apply tokens
to images without opening a new window --- just select some images and hit a
token key.   I doubt this could go into the current release, but it's
something to consider.  Any thoughts, Jesper?

-Kimball Robinson