konsole master broken / help

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Wed Jul 29 19:01:43 BST 2020

Hello,

I broke something in master and I can't quite figure out what is it.
All the tests are passing, but a static library that I created is not being
correctly used with signals / slots.

I separated a bunch of code in konsole and created static libraries that
later on are linked against a bigger, shared, libkonsoleprivate. now I'm
having errors such as

I'm having errors such as:

QObject::connect: signal not found in Konsole::ProfileList

without the signal name,  so it's quite hard to figure out what's wrong.
I put a lot of qDebugs around the connections and I found out that, for
instance the following code will give me a QObject::connect: signal not
found in Konsole::ProfileList:

connect(profileList, &ProfileList::profileSelected, this,
&TabbedViewContainer::newViewWithProfileRequest);

but if I run nm on libprofile.a I get:

$ nm libkonsoleprofile.a | ag profileSelected
0000000000000360
T_ZN7Konsole11ProfileList15profileSelectedERK28QExplicitlySharedDataPointerINS_7ProfileEE
U_ZN7Konsole11ProfileList15profileSelectedERK28QExplicitlySharedDataPointerINS_7ProfileEE

So I don't really know what's going on.
Any hint is appreciated.

Tomaz