Incorrect payee assignments during csv import when a payee field ends in semicolon

Steve vivasteve at gmx.com
Tue Feb 13 19:14:19 GMT 2024

A strange issue here ... could be a bug or could be some intended
functionality?

The process
- export a csv file of transactions from the bank
- tidy it up for import to kmm
- import to kmm using csv importer

If one of the payee entries ends with space then semicolon - eg /"happy
store ;"/
- all transactions before /"happy store ;"/ are imported correctly
- all transactions after /"happy store ;"/are assigned the payee /"happy
store ;"/
    -unless a matching transaction was imported before /"happy store ;"
/then they are imported correctly/

/It seems that the terminal semicolon triggers a "$" entry to be added
to the list of matching names for the payee /"happy store ;"
/I'm assuming the "$" means "match all entries/

/Just thought I should point this out ... although it may have been
pointed out before .../

/- Steve/
/