Kmymoney

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 6 17:44:12 BST 2023

On 2023.09.05 23:20, allanandpam43--- via KMyMoney wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am hoping you can help me.  I am Treasurer of a club with about 50
> members
> and the members pay an annual  subscription to the club, which is
> divided
> between the club and the governing body.
>
> We have a number of investments and like any organisation we have
> expenses.
>
> Our former Treasurer used hand written journals, but I am looking at
> computerising our accounts.
>
> I am wondering if Kmymoney would be a suitable package to record our
> financial obligations.
>
> Kind regards.
> Allan
Followin on Thomas' message, I am Treasurer of a small 501(C)3
(registered not-for-profit in the US) organization, and I use KMM to
track it's finances.  This includes a checking acocunt, as well as an
investment account, and it works quite well for our purposes.
Fortunately, we are a small enough organization that we have relatively
few official financial reports to issue, and I can create all of them
with simple editing of the export of existing reports..

My advice is to confirm that you will easily be able to produce any
financial reports you need during the year.  My guess is that you will
not have any problems, unless you have specific reports required either
for tax purposes or by the governing body.  It is also likely those can
be done, but might require a bit of manual manipulation, using existing
KMM reports.