Kmymoney

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Sep 6 13:31:01 BST 2023

On Mittwoch, 6. September 2023 05:20:32 CEST allanandpam43--- via KMyMoney wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am hoping you can help me.  I am Treasurer of a club with about 50 members
> and the members pay an annual  subscription to the club, which is divided
> between the club and the governing body.
>
> We have a number of investments and like any organisation we have expenses.
>
> Our former Treasurer used hand written journals, but I am looking at
> computerising our accounts.
>
> I am wondering if Kmymoney would be a suitable package to record our
> financial obligations.

Being a treasurer of a club with approx. 1000 members a few years back I used
KMyMoney to manage the finances. Being based on double entry bookkeeping principles
it makes sure that your books are balanced. Most of our members paid their
fees using direct debit, so we had two large transactions per year for them. Others
paid on a monthly or more irregular basis. Using KMyMoney's scheduled transactions
helped to have an overview of outstanding fees.

So all in all I would say yes, KMyMoney is capable of doing the job.

And if something is missing, we can always add it to the project. One of the
beauties of open source software.

How can you make a programming language that will be good for
everything if you cannot even make such a screwdriver?
An open source enthusiast