kmymoney-5.1-479 appimage and later hang at tips window.

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 14 01:05:48 BST 2023

On 5/13/23 19:11, Harry G McGavran Jr via KMyMoney wrote:
> On Sat, 2023-05-13 at 16:43 -0600, Harry G McGavran Jr wrote:
>> The last stable appimage build I've been able to use is
>> kmymoney-5.1-476 on my Ubuntu 20.04 LTS system with an Nvidia
>> Graphics
>> card.  I can no longer retreive 476, only 479 and later and all
>> those versions hang on the tips window. One can only kill the app.
>> this happens on both my Ubuntu 20.04 machines.
>>
>> Does any one have any suggestions for fixes or workarounds?
> Running the kmymoneya appimage from a terminal window reveals:

> Could not load plugin
> '/tmp/.mount_kmymonpu3khj/usr/plugins/kmymoney/woob.so', error: Cannot
> load library /tmp/.mount_kmymonpu3khj/usr/plugins/kmymoney/woob.so:
> (libpython3.6m.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory)
>
> Perhaps this is missing in recent appimages???

The check for woob is at runtime, so this just says it can't find it.
That is not your problem.

How long have you waited?  I just tried the latest appimage (483) and it
works fine, but it does take longer than I would expect to actually open
my file.

Try running it with "-n" to not open the data file.  See if that starts
up more quickly.