Wise csv file - how to match fields

mh at mike.franken.de mh at mike.franken.de
Sat Mar 4 13:48:11 GMT 2023

On Freitag, 3. März 2023 23:23:51 CET Jack via KMyMoney wrote:
> On 2023.03.02 12:37, mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:
[...]
> > Now I have problems to match these English field names to the fields
> > of my
> > German KMyMoney version. Can anyone help me out here?
[...]
> In English, the matching columns are pretty obvious, which I know
> doesn't help you.  The only possible problem I see is that Payer Name,
> Payee Name, and Merchant would all match to the Payee field in
> KMyMoney, depending on how Wise uses them.  That might require some
> pre-processing.  If Google Translate doesn't give you enough hints, you
> can try just looking at some sample data.  The only additional
> suggestions is that you can put multiple columns into the Memo field,
> so even if you don't map every column  correctly, you have the
> information to correct things within KMyMoney.  That might be too much
> effort in the long run, but as you gain experience, you can map
> additional columns later.

Thx for your answer.
Is it possible to temporary switch KMyMoney to English without destroying any
data?
The main problem here isn't the language itself, but the fact, that banking in
English speaking countries seems to be a bit different from German banking -
and the expressions are following these differences.

> Jack

By.
Michael.