Wise csv file - how to match fields

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 3 22:23:51 GMT 2023

On 2023.03.02 12:37, mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:
> Hi @,
>
> I am using a Wise account, for which only csv files are available to
> import
> transactions into KMyMoney.
> These csv files have the following header:
>
> "TransferWise ID",Date,Amount,Currency,Description,"Payment
> Reference","Running Balance","Exchange From","Exchange To","Exchange
> Rate","Payer Name","Payee Name","Payee Account Number",Merchant,"Card
> Last
> Four Digits","Card Holder Full Name",Attachment,Note,"Total fees"
>
> Now I have problems to match these English field names to the fields
> of my
> German KMyMoney version. Can anyone help me out here?
>
> TIA.
>
> Bye.
> Michael.
In English, the matching columns are pretty obvious, which I know
doesn't help you.  The only possible problem I see is that Payer Name,
Payee Name, and Merchant would all match to the Payee field in
KMyMoney, depending on how Wise uses them.  That might require some
pre-processing.  If Google Translate doesn't give you enough hints, you
can try just looking at some sample data.  The only additional
suggestions is that you can put multiple columns into the Memo field,
so even if you don't map every column  correctly, you have the
information to correct things within KMyMoney.  That might be too much
effort in the long run, but as you gain experience, you can map
additional columns later.