Bank of Scotland and Wise

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 11 19:59:08 GMT 2023

On 2023.02.11 13:26, Ivan Perez wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2023 at 10:14, Jack via KMyMoney <kmymoney at kde.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On 2023.02.11 12:53, Ivan Perez via KMyMoney wrote:
> >
> > > But I'd love to have the ability to just obtain the transactions
> > > directly from KMM without having to use the browser.
> >
> > There is nothing we can do about that if the bank does not support
> OFX
> > Direct Connect.
>

> I understand.
>
> I don't want to de-rail the conversation, but from where I'm
> standing, I'd
> be willing to switch banks to one that fully integrates with KMyMoney
> out
> of the box.
>
> I've asked in the past and was told "just check if they support OFX"
> but
> the information is not really clear. Whether they currently do or
> don't is
> not clear. And I've found AqBanking confusing to the point of never
> being
> able to make it work. And as you can imagine, the operator on my
> bank's
> phone line has no idea what OFX is, so they can't help.
You might browse through https://ofxhome.com.   They maintain a
directory of banks which support (or did at one time) OFX Direct
Connect.  IF you see a bank with no errors or recent comments, they are
probably OK.  However, Bank of America and Chase are both still listed,
and although there are some comments in the forum (some by me) there is
no definitive statement that neither of them supports direct connect
any more.

You might get a hint at a bank's web site if they talk about setting up
for Quicken.  Sometimes you can tell it is about the newer way Intuit
aggregates data, so Quicken talks only to Intuit, who gets the data
from the bank, which doesn't help us any, so you do have to read
carefully.  It's certainly true that extremely few bank customer
support reps actually understand what OFX is.