Duplicate ledger entries

MV mwizard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 14:05:46 BST 2023

Like a lot of people, I have multiple accounts setup in KMyMoney.   And
like a lot of folks, I transfer money from one account to another.   It
turns out that the system can't figure out that when I import the
transactions from each account, the transfer is recorded in both account
transaction lists.  And the system basically records the transfer twice.
For now, I manually edit the transactions to remove the double posting.

If there is a setting I missed that would solve this for me, I'd welcome
the heads up.   If not, then I'd welcome an enhancement that would flag
these or automatically remove these when found during the import phase.

I do have a couple of accounts that I have to use CSV file formats for
import.  They do not provide the OFX format as much as I'd like them to.  I
would imagine that CSV formats might make it more difficult to identify
duplicates like I describe.

I might also note that if I import subsequent files to my accounts, they
have been able to identify duplicate transactions, or in other words,
transactions that were imported using a prior file.  But these duplicates
are only found when one month's transactions overlap the next month's
transactions.

This is something that I would categorize as a nice to have enhancement.

Sincerely,
Mark