Scheduled Transfer only shown for source account in future payments

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 7 19:44:18 BST 2023

On 2023.08.06 12:09, nioncode via KMyMoney wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use kmymoney (v5.1.3) to know whether my accounts have
> enough balance to cover all scheduled payments in the next month. For
> that, I wanted to rely on the 'Future payments' view on the home
> screen.
>
> Let me briefly describe my setup:
> - Account A:
>     * starting balance 1000eur
>     * receives 500eur paycheck each month
>     * has a scheduled payment to transfer that 500eur to account B
> - Account B:
>     * starting balance 0eur
>     * has a scheduled payment for 500eur insurance
>
> However, when I now look at the 'Future payments', I see (see
> attached screenshot):
> - insurance payment: -500eur for account B. New balance: -500eur
> - paycheck: +500eur for account A. New balance: 1500eur
> - transfer: -500eur for account A. New balance: 1000eur
>
> What is missing though, is a line for the equivalent transfer on
> account B, e.g.:
> - transfer: +500eur for account B. New balance: 0eur
>
> Currently, it looks like account B will go into negative balance on
> the 1st of the month, although this is not the case.
>
> Am I missing something on how to configure this correctly so that
> transfers are displayed correctly on the future payment screen for
> both accounts? Or is there some other way to get a warning in case an
> account will go negative based on scheduled payments?
I don't think you are missing anything - that is just a limitation of
the current design.  In master branch. the ledger for the "other"
account does show scheduled transactions.  Even there, though, the
"Scheduled payments"  section of the Home View only shows the "Balance
after" for the primary account in which the scheduled transaction has
been entered.  You could file a wishlist bug for it to also show the
"other" account in case of transfer transactions.  Note it is likely
that if that enhancement is done, it will be in master branch, and not
likely backported to 5.1 because the ledger code is significantly
different.