Scheduled Transfer only shown for source account in future payments

nioncode nioncode at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 17:09:30 BST 2023

Hi all,

I'm trying to use kmymoney (v5.1.3) to know whether my accounts have
enough balance to cover all scheduled payments in the next month. For
that, I wanted to rely on the 'Future payments' view on the home screen.

Let me briefly describe my setup:
- Account A:
     * starting balance 1000eur
     * receives 500eur paycheck each month
     * has a scheduled payment to transfer that 500eur to account B
- Account B:
     * starting balance 0eur
     * has a scheduled payment for 500eur insurance

However, when I now look at the 'Future payments', I see (see attached
screenshot):
- insurance payment: -500eur for account B. New balance: -500eur
- paycheck: +500eur for account A. New balance: 1500eur
- transfer: -500eur for account A. New balance: 1000eur

What is missing though, is a line for the equivalent transfer on account
B, e.g.:
- transfer: +500eur for account B. New balance: 0eur

Currently, it looks like account B will go into negative balance on the
1st of the month, although this is not the case.

Am I missing something on how to configure this correctly so that
transfers are displayed correctly on the future payment screen for both
accounts? Or is there some other way to get a warning in case an account
will go negative based on scheduled payments?

Best regards,
Nick