Update Stock And Currencies Fails

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 19:38:31 BST 2023

  Quoting Jack via KMyMoney <kmymoney at kde.org>:

> On 2023.04.20 12:59, David Dembrow via KMyMoney wrote:

>>> To confirm, you successfully updated all other prices, but just
>>> failed on ABBV?  Have you tried again?  I was just able to
>>> successfully update ABBV with 5.1.3 with those settings.
>>
>> No, all of my updates failed (I only actually tried 5-6 before
>> cancelling). ABBV happens to be the first and I used it as an example.
>>
>> I just tried again and everything worked fine. Thanks again for the
>> support and timely replies.
>
> Thanks for letting us know.  When something like that happens, always
> remember the possibility of a network glitch.  Try again, and then
> again a half hour later.  Try clicking on the URL that shows up in the
> error message to see if you can at least get a response in a browser.
> Recompiling or reinstalling has a low probability of helping, unless it
> really was a recent upgrade that introduced the problem.
> Jack

Jack is right, 1st thing when having issues that use network or web
connectivity, always confirm you can retrieve the desired result by
another way.... either ping telnet or simply web browsing.  Bash can
be helpful with wget as well... literally hundreds of ways of doing it.

In the past for me SNORT on pfsense has caused several issues where it
detected "malicious" traffic and added Yahoo's IP to its blocklist.
  Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sent using Horde Groupware on GNU/Linux