Update Stock And Currencies Fails

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 20 18:21:18 BST 2023

On 2023.04.20 12:59, David Dembrow via KMyMoney wrote:
> On 4/20/23 12:39 PM, Jack via KMyMoney wrote:
>> On 4/20/23 10:31, David Dembrow via KMyMoney wrote:
>>> Sorry, I should have known better. Here is some additional details.
>>>
>>> Version 5.1.3 Operating System Linux/Fedora 37
>>> The update to stock prices appeared to work 18-April and failed
>>> 19-April.  I know of nothing that changed other than the operating
>>> system updates that appear daily with fedora.
>>>
>>> The failure happens when I attempt to update all stock prices.  The
>>> status message is:
>>>
>>> Fetching URL
>>> https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?fields=regularMarketPrice&symbols=ABBV...
>>>
>>> Identifier found: ''
>>>
>>> Unable to update price for ABBV (no price or no date)
>>>
>>> I recall a change in the past that yahoo finance did and the
>>> correction was made with a New Quote Source and the following
>>> details - much off which I do not understand how it works but it
>>> worked:
>>>
>>> URL
>>> https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?fields=regularMarketPrice&symbols=%1
>>> CSV URL
>>> Identifier
>>> Identify by Symbol
>>> Price "regularMarketPrice":((\d+|\d{1,3}(?:[,]\d{3})).\d+)
>>> Date "regularMarketTime":([\d]+)
>>> Date Format
>>> Strip HTML Stripping checked
>>>
>>> I notice no messages in the command line attempting to update all
>>> stock prices.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the support!
>> To confirm, you successfully updated all other prices, but just
>> failed on ABBV?  Have you tried again?  I was just able to
>> successfully update ABBV with 5.1.3 with those settings.
>
> No, all of my updates failed (I only actually tried 5-6 before
> cancelling). ABBV happens to be the first and I used it as an example.
>
> I just tried again and everything worked fine. Thanks again for the
> support and timely replies.
Thanks for letting us know.  When something like that happens, always
remember the possibility of a network glitch.  Try again, and then
again a half hour later.  Try clicking on the URL that shows up in the
error message to see if you can at least get a response in a browser.
Recompiling or reinstalling has a low probability of helping, unless it
really was a recent upgrade that introduced the problem.