Consistency Check Problem and Opening Balances account.

Michael Calder michaelcalder at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 27 03:06:07 BST 2022

--
G'day KMM Gurus,

I have been using KMyMoney since 2010 and am very happy with all it
does. Thanks to the team!

During the last week I upgraded my Linux Mint to Cinnamon 20.3 and
reinstalled the latest version of KMyMoney - 5.0.8.

My File Information shows Created on - 2010-07-28 which is when I first
started with KMM.

I have a "Share Invest Jnt" Account with which I had a problem when I
ran a Consistency Check shortly after the above change over "settled
down" ;-). (see attached)

By a bit of "creative accounting" - I edited the account Opening
information Date to 1/1/99 (1999) and that corrected the 24 problems.

BUT - This then introduced the 3 new problems shown at the bottom of the
attachment.

The Accounts list does not show an Opening Balances account although,
when I go to the Unit 73 Account ledger, highlight the "opening balance"
entry and then do Transaction -> Go To 'Opening Balances' I clearly go
just there. (See attached PNG)

I assume the 'fix' required is to edit the Opening Balances account
Opening information Date to 1/1/99 as I did before, but it must be
"internal" as View - Show All Accounts is checked.

Is there a work around for to remove the Consistency Check "problem"
message that I get every time I shut down.

BTW - Please note my new email address of michaelcalder at iinet.net.au;
the old "optus" one is now dead.

Cheers, Mike.