how to find all categories with no transactions

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jan 23 15:07:00 GMT 2022

Shaun,

On Samstag, 22. Januar 2022 23:52:02 CET shaun via KMyMoney wrote:

> I seem to have amassed many categories that are not tied to any
> transactions, presumably due to playing with different importing methods.
>
> I'd like to remove all of these erroneous/unused/duplicated categories.  Is
> there any way to filter on these to select and delete them all, rather than
> going one by one?

Ooops, that is a valid point. In the current versions, there is no such filter
which makes it hard to find all those unused ones. But I simply added one:

https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/commit/ffd85aa0577cb573b1fdf72bbe179365cb56df1c

So it will become available sometime in the future.

If you understand what you're doing, you're not learning anything.