Investment in foreign currencies

Marc Labranche labm.4v70 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 13:27:03 GMT 2021

Hi,

I have been using KMM for a few weeks and so far I find all the features I need.  Except in investment in foreign currencies.
As I am new on the product I don’t really know if I misuse KMM or it is bugs.

Here is the context on which I experiment severe issues (crash) with security transactions in foreign currencies.

- file/base currency = EUR
- investment account currency = EUR
- brokerage account currency = EUR
- fees, interest and dividend category in EUR
- security_1 : InvestorAB in SEK
- security_2 : Helen of Troy in USD
- security_3 : Bonheur in NOK

Main question : is KMM can manage different currencies in all the concepts : file (base currency), accounts (investment, brokerage) and category (fees, interest, dividend) ? Even in split transaction ?

The issues :
1_ I can create the security InvestorAB but I can not introduce a dividend payment transaction.  I give all the details in the bug 445591 I introduced last week.  I give the example in a KMM file with a very short data set.  KMM crashes.
2_ I cannot create the security_2.  When I try to Enter the security KMM crashes (even without fees).  I cannot reproduce this problem on a small set of data.
3_ For security_3 I made a mistake in introducing the purchase date and I try to modify it afterwards. I can modify the date but when I Enter the transaction KMM crashes.

I hope someone can help me : Documentation ? Tips ? Where would my mistakes be ?
It is a showstopper for me.

Finally a small question concerning the Accounts page : why my liability amounts are not displayed in red ? All amounts are displayed in green (discrepancy between my KMM file and the user manual).

Best regards,

Marc Labranche
Email : labm.4v70 at gmail.com