kmymoney fails to launch - symbol lookup error

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Jun 9 14:53:39 BST 2021

David,

On Mittwoch, 9. Juni 2021 14:58:12 CEST David Dembrow wrote:

> Trying to launch kmymoney this morning failed with the following error:
>
> kmymoney: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libgstvideo-1.0.so.0: undefined
> symbol: gst_shared_task_pool_get_max_threads
>
> Is there anything I can do to track down what the problem may be?
>
> I am using fedora 34 (5.12.9-300) and updates happen on a daily basis.
>
> Kmymoney version:  kmymoney-5.1.1-2.fc34.x86_64

You may check, if the output of

  % ldd `which kmymoney`

shows any problem. Looks like an upstream packaging problem to me
(no guarantee though). In case you don't know, please paste the output
of that command here.

OK, just received your info that you solved the problem. I send this
anyway.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent
life in the universe are pointing away from Earth?