PinePhone Pro

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 17 17:16:20 GMT 2021

On 12/17/21 11:49, Footer via KMyMoney wrote:
> Greetings KMyMoney Users/Development Team!
>
> I hope I've come to the right place for this question.
>
> Are there any plans for KMyMoney to offer a mobile version of the app
> (I'm primarily interested in Android) or even better yet, a version
> for the upcoming PinePhone Pro?
>
> I'm not a developer so I'm still on the fence about buying a PinePhone
> Pro when they become available.  But if KMyMoney would be in the works
> and/or work on the PinePhone Pro, I'd likely buy one.
>
> Thanks for all your hard work on KMyMoney!  I absolutely love this
> program!  I've been using it for over 15 years.
>
> Terry

Hello Terry,

Thanks for the good words.

First though, when you start a new topic on a mailing list, please start
with a new message, not a reply to an old one, even if you do change the
subject.  Many email applications group and thread messages based on
headers in the messages, so a new message may easily be lost among

In terms of a mobile version, I do not believe anything is currently
being planned, or even worked on.  Some years ago, someone did start
working on one (I would have to hunt through the list archives to find
the reference) but it was never completed. I do not recall even any test
release.  It is certainly something lots of users might like to see, but
I don't know of any current activity in that area.  If anyone else knows
otherwise, please speak up.

However, to gather some information for any future efforts in this area,
are you more interested in a way to capture transactions on a mobile
device for transfer to your desktop instance, or do you wish a full
applications, just modified for a mobile platform?  With the latter, a
major issue would be how to coordinate the data on your mobile with the
data on your laptop.