not able to save database

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 26 16:16:23 GMT 2020

On 11/26/20 10:19 AM, mh at mike.franken.de wrote:

> Hi *,
>

> today I got an error message
>

> payeeIdentifier with id 'IDENT000001' not found
> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/kmymoney-5.1.0/kmymoney/plugins/sql/mymoneystoragesql.cpp:1487
>

> that prevents me from saving any changes to my database.
>
> I get this messages on the first attempt to save, on the second any
> any subsequent attempts I get
>

> Error in function bool MyMoneyStorageSql::writeFile() : starting
> commit unit
>
> Driver = QSQLCIPHER, Host = localhost, User = hirmkem, Database =
> //home/hirmkem/finanzen/konto/kmymoney/SPARDA
>
> Driver Error:
>
> Database Error No -1:
>
> Text:
>
> Error type 0
>
> Executed:
>
> Query error No -1: Driver not loaded Driver not loaded
>
> Error type 1
> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/kmymoney-5.1.0/kmymoney/plugins/sql/mymoneystoragesql.cpp:359
>

> I spent two hours adding new data to my accounts - are they all lost?
>

> TIA.
>

> Bye.
>
> Michael.

The SQL backend is similar to the XML (file) backend in that data is not
saved per activity as a usual database application, but only when you do
an explicity File/Save.  So unfortunately, if you have quit KMM without
doing a successful save, then yes, the data is gone.  However, if you
haven't quit yet, you can do Save As, choose the XML plugin, and save as
a .kmy file.  Then, once we figure out the database problem, you can
re-save to a database.

Can you run a consistency check?  That issue of not finding a Payee with
a given identifier seems odd, but I'll have to look into the source code
to see if that's an sql specific error.  The Driver not loaded error
also seems odd, since I would expect such an error to show up earlier.
So, a few further questions.

What OS/distribution are you using?  Can you run from command line, as
there may be more detailed messages output to console. Also, what
versions of KMM, sqlite, and sqlcipher are you using?

One other thing you can try is to start with "kmymoney -n" which does
NOT open the last file/database.  Then try to create a new file using
sqlcipher.  Again, you may get more detailed messages if you run from
the command line.