can this be done

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 19 23:54:27 GMT 2020

On 2020.12.19 18:14, Mike Ran wrote:
> I an a newbe to the software so hopefully you can answer this
>
> What I want to do is to have several account that i would like to
> transfer to me to automatically when I make a charge payment in my
> checking account to a choice of accounts such as once every month I
> can transfer my payment from checking to the phone account or any
> time I use my cerdit card  goes from my checking account into my
> credit card account so that when we are ready to make a payment it is
> already to be paid?

Your description is very confusing, so I'm really not sure what you're
trying to do.  You can certainly create a scheduled transation to
monthly transfer an amount from your checking account to a credit card
account or to pay your phone bill, for example, but you do need to
specify the sending account and the receiving account or payee.  You
can state that the amount will vary each month, but you still need to
set the amount when you actually post the transactions - there is no
way to automatically make the amount be the balance of the credit card
account.

It might be easier if you gave one concrete example, and work from
there.