Licensing for models and datasets

Tymon Dąbrowski tamtamy.tymona at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 16:43:09 GMT 2024

> If it's just links and metadata, then one of the various CCs is fine.
> Some popular datasets include entire images, in which case... I don't
know. I'd avoid that...
Well, we'll have the actual data, not just links. We might not release it
if we don't want to, though.

> 2.) If we don't own the data used to "train" the binary blob model, do we
even own the model?
I'd just ask the artist to license it all on CC-0, then we can use it
however we want. (CC-BY could be already too much since you could argue
that the model is the derivative of data, and the final picture a
derivative of the model, therefore derivative of the data).

Remember that we don't have those images or dataset yet and we can just
choose those that fit our needs, including the licensing.

pon., 25 mar 2024 o 17:33 Emmet O'Neill <emmetoneill.pdx at gmail.com>