Roadmapping

Emmet O'Neill emmetoneill.pdx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 23:12:11 GMT 2023

Oh, and, another thing I've been thinking about for a while is the idea of
a "*workflow project*", where we hone in on one simple use case like
"comics", "character design", etc.
>From there we can come up with a list of concrete problems and potential
improvements related to that use case, and we plan projects based on that.
I think this could motivate us in the short term to work together on more
closely related projects and focus future updates on things that we know
will make a big impact for certain kinds of artists.
(As in, Krita 5.X is mostly geared towards *comics*, then Krita 5.Y is
focused on *painting* improvements, then animation, and so on.)

Finally, it's probably also worth having a very broad idea of what the
*long-term
plan* for Krita is.
So for example if we want to have a major UI overhaul that defines Krita 6
(or something like that), we can come up with guidelines now that we can
gradually put into place over time.

Hopefully I haven't suggested these things before, I'm still feeling a bit
sick and drowsy. lol