Roadmapping

Emmet O'Neill emmetoneill.pdx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 22:47:15 GMT 2023

Oh yeah, good thinking. Let's set up a meeting in the coming weeks.
Honestly, I totally forgot about this document. But judging by how much of
this stuff we made good progress on, making it was probably a good move. :)

Here are a few quick notes wrt the stuff that I know most about:

For *animation*, I think that the most important remaining items on that
list are:

   - Reference frames (though this might require some changes to rendering
   overlays/onion skins, iirc)
   - Audio waveform view (no clue how how work is involved in this one
   frankly)
   - Animation clips (I don't think this would be too much technical work,
   but this would require us to design a nice ux/workflow)

The rest of the points are in the nice-to-have category, but probably not
worth prioritizing.

And when it comes to *storyboarding*, I think the main limitation of Krita
as a boarding tool is that each scene is confined to the same canvas size.
This means that it's hard to express common shots where "camera" movement
(panning/trucking/etc) is involved.
(I'm not sure if that explanation is clear, but I have some storyboard
books here that I could share as examples.)

I think supporting variable scene canvas sizes would be a big job and
probably require changes to the document and image.
It's probably something that we need if we want to take storyboarding to
the next level, but I'm not sure if that's worth prioritizing over other
things/workflows.