Postponed meeting

Halla Rempt halla at valdyas.org
Thu Jan 5 11:11:29 GMT 2023

On dinsdag 3 januari 2023 22:43:00 CET Emmet O'Neill wrote:

> > I would prefer that too, but I cannot predict when I will go down for one
> > or more days in advance...
> >

> Of course. I don't mean for this to be directed at you or anyone in
> particular.
> Nobody knows how they're going to feel tomorrow, and none of this should
> hinge on any one person.
> I don't think anybody should come to a meeting if they aren't feeling up to
> it, and certainly not be asked to lead it.
>
> I'm just saying that, collectively, *if we are going to (re)schedule a
> meeting it would be best if we could do it at least 8~12+ hours in advance.*
> And *if we can't, *because something comes up at the last minute*, then we
> just cancel until next week OR hold the meeting with whoever is around.*
>
> It's certainly *not* a big deal, but I think we should avoid (re)scheduling
> meetings <1h before they are supposed to start.
> I might be the only one minorly bothered by it, but keep in mind that, from
> my perspective, many of these schedule changes are happening overnight.
> We have people all over the world, and 12+ hours is just objectively
> timezone proof. (As a compromise >8 would be OK, but anything <6 is after
> 1:00am for me.)
>
> That's reasonable, right?

Yes, it's reasonable. It's just not always feasible, like on Monday when just too many people were sick. I actually was too tired to even notice that there was proposal to have the meeting on Wednesday, instead of just skipping.

But let's put this on the agenda for next Monday and see whether we can come up with a better way of handling this.

Halla