Postponed meeting

Emmet O'Neill emmetoneill.pdx at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 00:50:45 GMT 2023

Yeah, Happy New Year! I hope this will be a good one for us all. :)

Honestly, I was relieved that the meeting was cancelled this morning
because I was up really late on New Years Eve and then had a hard time
getting to sleep early on Sunday night. :P
As for the next meeting, I'm fine with whatever the consensus is, though
it'd probably be simpler to just have the one at the regular time next
week, unless there is something specific that we need to talk about sooner
than that.

Generally, as a *future policy* I'd prefer that if we're going to postpone
the weekly meeting to a different day of the same week, if we could do that
with >=12 hours notice (before the original meeting time) so that everyone
can know what's happening ahead of time.
Of course it's fine if things come up or if people change their mind at the
last minute, but in those cases I think it's better to just cancel for the
week (or hold a meeting with whoever happens to be around).
(*Big time first world problems*, I know, but...) It can be minorly
annoying to go to bed early on a Sunday night because of a 7am PST meeting,
only to wake up at 6:30am on Monday to find out that the meeting was pushed
back to 7am on Tuesday.
So if we're going to move the weekly meeting around in the future, I hope
we can try to do it at least half a day before so that it's easier for
everyone to plan their week around, you know?