Merge Service still in use?

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 09:46:28 GMT 2023

The main problem for me is that I want to have the patch merged asap, to be
able to test/resolve issues of some other patches in combination with this
one. That's why I just merge that without rebase-pipeline completion.

Speaking truly, I'm not very happy with our 'always fast-forward merge'
policy [0], but given GitLab doesn't provide an option to switch policy
on-the-fly, it should be fine for now.

[0] - this policy is good for small patches, but for bigger patchset I
would prefer to see an explicit merge commit

--
Dmitry Kazakov