Make the guide pages for Reporting bugs and Suggestions translatable in documentation

Alvin Wong alvin+kimageshop at alvinhc.com
Tue Jun 23 14:30:23 BST 2020

Hi,

This is just my opinion, but I think asking users who can't really
communicate in basic English to report bugs in English using machine
translations is not going to be very effective. The quality of machine
translations can get really bad at times and is likely to cause
miscommunication leading to confusion.

This is not to say that the "reporting bugs" page should not be
localized. I think it might make sense to have locale-specific versions
of these pages which include pointers to regional communities that users
can request help from others in their native languages. This is however
only useful when said communities have active volunteering members that
can help translate and report the bugs in English, and translate any
comments back. But this may still not be very effective as it will just
end up being a game of Chinese whispers.

The "developing features" is a bit of a mix. The first half might be
worth translating, but the latter half of the page is about actually
developing a new feature. And to develop a feature and have it accepted
would really require directly communicating with the Krita developers in
English, so if someone can't understand the page they are less likely to
achieve this goal.

Best  regards,

Alvin

Tyson Tan 於 23/6/2020 10:01 寫道: