Krita shared pointers usage

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 19:16:21 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Stefano Bonicatti <smjert at gmail.com>
wrote:

> When i approach a new project i usually go around the codebase quite a lot
> because i'm curious and often there's no documentation ( :-) ), so i would
> prefer, as i already said, having a clear memory management instead of
> having unpredictable object lifetime.

I guess we can find a compromise: shared pointers + weak shared pointers,
right?

They do both: make the lifetime "a bit more clear" and solve the situations
when the lifetime is simply undefined :)

> But this is me, one of the many, it's not my project so can't say much, if
> not what i think.
> I won't try to push anyone doing anything and in result be annoying, this
> is not my point, i do want to help.

It is perfectly ok to raise such questions. Our design is not ideal and we
can always make it better :)
Now we just need to come to some conclusion ans probably policy on how to
use shared pointers...

---
Dmitry Kazakov