meeting notes

David REVOY davidrevoy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:45:43 CEST 2011

> [Silvio]
> The zoom and the canvas rotation are amongst the top ten i would say
> :D [...]
> For the blending modes there is already a new ordering (in the branch
> krita-blendingmodes-silvioheinrich) that should be similar to yours. [...]
> Phew... if i had more time :D

Oh cool for the blending modes, and good to know my thought on
navigation (zoom+pan+rotate ) are shared. For "time", I share your
thought too :)

> [boud] What Krita now really needs is polish, polish, polish, because
> all these items are actually just smallish things, not really big
> issues. (Code-wise I mean...)
Oh, good to know it's not super complex to solve most of ones. Thanks
for the good welcome of my list.

> [boud] the first issue is an ordinary mix brush similar to gimp
> painter that satisfies Deevad.
I'm satisfied :)

> [boud] The second is the whole physical thing which should build on
> the painterly framework colorspaces and so on.
I personnaly don't like to paint with physic / viscosity / drying /
impasto / etc... It's hard to have a good control with those brushes ,
and takes a lot of resources.
I rather prefer the "textures" on the mix-brush and simple brush to
paint things like this :
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xmr2iv-o-_4/TZwrh8YQnqI/AAAAAAAABAM/LMyUbMt9QPk/s1600/Sketches119.jpg
( by Kekai Kotaki posted lastly on his blog ).