meeting notes

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Apr 7 15:32:47 CEST 2011

On Thursday 07 April 2011 Apr, Silvio Heinrich wrote:
> On 04/06/2011 10:01 PM, Silvio Grosso wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Lukas wrote:
> >> Silvio Heinrich has added the mixing brush.
> >> What can Pentalis work on now?
> > Since both Pentalis and me are going to attend the upcoming sprint in
> > Amsterdam we can discuss about this all together ;-)
> Well my Color Smudge Brush is just a mere Smudge Brush that throws a bit
> color into the smudge process...
> I thought you guys wanted to create something that replicates real brush
> and fluid physics.

Well, there are two parts to the question: the first issue is an ordinary mix brush similar to gimp painter that satisfies Deevad. The second is the whole physical thing which should build on the painterly framework colorspaces and so on.

> A few years ago i ran across some papers a few guys created to solve the
> navier-stroke equations for fluids.
> I have the papers somewhere... it should be easy to implement. It's
> fast, stable (the physical simulation should never "explode") and
> it gives believable results. You could alter the viscosity while
> painting to let the color "dry" ... there is pretty much cool stuff
> possible with this
>
> Ah i found it :D
> http://www.dgp.toronto.edu/people/stam/reality/Research/pdf/GDC03.pdf
> (found it here http://www.vterrain.org/Water/)

That one is new to me -- I've only come across Bill Baxter's thesis and Tom van Laerhoven's work.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org