How to begin ?

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Tue Aug 10 22:56:54 CEST 2004

Hi  Boudewijn,

> If you're into real hard math, however, you might prefer to contact Bart
> about really cool anti-aliased transforms. If you're into really real hard
> math, you could do a bicubic interpolating zoom.

Do you have some references to useful papers about bicubic interpolation? I am
currently writing my Ph. D. phesis in theoretical physics and I should be
able to handle the math but I no experience at all with image processing. But
I think it would be fun to write some really good rescale algorithm. If
someone gives me a hand, maybe I try it.

How do you actually develop Krita? I know how to check out Krita from CVS and
I know how to compile and install it. If you want to change a file in your
local CVS tree, do you actually check it out from that tree and work on it
and check the modified version back in or do you directly modify the file in
the local CVS tree?

Greetings,
Michael